Core seminar in economic and social history
Each seminar is followed by drinks and (usually) dinner with the speaker.
This seminar is a combination of nine seminar programmes:
- Medieval economic and social history;
- Early modern economic and social history;
- Modern economic and social history;
- Quantitative history;
- Global Economic History
- The Centre for Financial History;
- The Centre for History and Economics;
- The Cambridge Group for the History of Population and Social Structure;
- The Centre for Quantitative Economic History.
Their specialist seminar programmes do not run in Michaelmas term, but each meets separately again in Lent and (sometimes) Easter.
The core seminar is grateful for the support of Darwin College and for the generosity of the Trevelyan Fund.
Image: detail from Four African American women seated on steps of building at Atlanta University, Georgia from Library of Congress collection