University of Cambridge Launches SHARE Summer School
The University of Cambridge School of Humanities and Social Sciences has launched SHARE (Social Sciences & Humanities Access to Research Experience) Online Summer School – a Widening Participation initiative. The pilot program will run from Monday 19 July to Friday 30 July 2021.
SHARE is a 2-week, paid, online summer research experience programme to introduce undergraduates from underrepresented backgrounds, who are in their penultimate year of study, to postgraduate study and research in the humanities and social sciences. The pilot is a fully online programme of events, mentoring and digital content.
This programme is for talented students, who might otherwise not consider postgraduate research in the humanities and social sciences at Cambridge or elsewhere.
SHARE is offered free of charge, and includes:
- Two weeks of online research training, postgraduate application preparation, and mentoring
- A bursary of £650 for the two-week programme (19 – 30 July 2021), intended to allow participants to fully concentrate on the programme without the need for paid employment to support themselves.
SHARE is designed to:
- Enhance research skills
- Enhance the ability to make a competitive application for postgraduate courses and funding
- Give the opportunity to engage with inspiring social science research staff and students at the University of Cambridge
- Inform about opportunities for postgraduate study and research careers in the social sciences
Visit the programme website for more information.