skip to primary navigationskip to content

Seeley Historical Library

The Seeley is one of the largest libraries in Cambridge; it was first established in 1807 when John Symonds, Regius Professor of Modern History, gathered its nucleus of 1,000 books. Its primary role is to support the History Faculty’s teaching programme by providing students with the resources they require for their studies. 

The Seeley Library is housed within the Faculty building and all University students may access the library. The Library itself has an unusual radial design, spanning an L-shaped teaching block, and accommodates over 300 reading spaces and around 95,000 volumes.

Further information can be found on the Library’s webpage: